Sands Caravan & Camping
Gairloch, Wester Ross, Highland, IV21 2DL
With its beautiful beachside location and views across to the Isle of Skye and Outer Hebrides, this spacious family friendly site has something for everyone.
Situated on the beautiful west coast of the Highlands of Scotland with unsurpassed views of the Isle of Skye and Outer Hebrides. The ideal location for the holiday of your choice. Bring your own caravan, motor-caravan or tent and set up where ever you wish in the designated areas, whether you choose a sheltered spot amongst the sand dunes or a raised pitch with unrivalled views, this large spacious site has something for everyone.
For something a bit different why not try the Wigwam cabins, a fun alternative and unique holiday experience, camping outdoors with all the comfort of your own heated, wooden Wigwam. Prefer some luxury, then there are five Thistle graded holiday caravan homes. All have a spacious living area with attractive soft furnishings where the whole family can relax.
Sands is an ideal base to explore the best of Wester Ross, with the famous Torridon mountains to the south plus many other walks in the area, the world renowned Inverewe Gardens to the north, and wildlife cruises as well as the newly-built museum based in Gairloch itself.
On site you can enjoy:
- Licensed shop open from April to October selling freshly baked bread, newspapers, groceries, caravan and camping equipment, toys, books, kites, camping and Calor gas, and much more
- Licensed café/restaurant open all season, with an adjacent takeaway van open during high season
- Three heated toilet and shower blocks, including disabled and family facilities
- 135 electric hook-ups
- Chemical disposal point as well as a motorhome service point
- Laundry with four washing machines, four tumble dryers and an iron – all coin operated
- Covered indoor cooking and eating area
- Picnic tables
- Games and TV room
- Play area with flying fox, swings, obstacle course and pump track
- Launching slip
- Dog walking area
- Bikes and kayaks for hire
- Loch and river fishing on Sands Estate (suitable for beginners)
- Nearby walks
Trip Advisor Reviews
Absolutely Fantastic 01/07/2022
Stayed again in the tourer this month, one of the best sites in the uk in our opinion. Jay and team in The Barn restaurant were amazing and accommodated our dinner birthday party at short notice with...
OK stay 26/06/2022
The campsite is a lot bigger than any we stayed at during the NC500 tour but next to a lovely beach walk. The views from site were a bit underwhelming as the drive in is so stunning with amazing...
Lovely beach side campsite 19/06/2022
Lovely location, right by the beach which was easily accessible over some small dunes. Lovely swim in the sea!! Good outdoor tap/shower for rinsing off sandy things/dogs. Facilities were very roomy...