Monkton Wyld Holiday Park
Scotts Lane, Charmouth, Dorset, DT6 6DB
A site with large, spacious pitches, where every pitch backs up to a hedge or flower bed. Monkton Wyld is divided into several paddocks so you never feel ”part of the crowd”. Superb shower blocks. Only three miles to the coast.
125 pitches, plus summer camping field, in 26 acres on the Devon/Dorset border three miles from Lyme Regis and Charmouth. In the countryside yet within easy reach of many distinctive seaside villages, each with their own special character, and quiet inland villages and towns. So many tourist attractions which cater for all ages and interests are nearby, with a comprehensive tourist information section on site and knowledgeable staff with suggestions galore!
There are 20 specially surfaced pitches which cater for both tents and caravans together with regular hardstanding and grass pitches all with 16 amp electricity. These former pitches are really appreciated by tents when the weather is less than it should be! There are also a few extra large jumbo pitches able to take even the largest RV. There are some grass only pitches not too far from the shower blocks and play areas. The summer camping field is flat with good access and is excellent for families requiring a more “back to basics” experience.
Beautifully maintained grounds, and the large pitches - every one backs up against a hedge or flower bed. Never feel “part of the crowd”.
Situated on the Dorset/Devon border. Within a very short distance you can take the children to a zoo, animal or a donkey sanctuary, on tram rides along the Axe estuary, down some caves, or into the sea on the safe, sandy beaches of Charmouth or Lyme Regis. They can enjoy local swimming pools, adventure play parks, fishing trips and, of course, the world famous swans at Abbotsbury. Mums and dads and everyone else can visit National Trust houses and gardens, Forde Abbey, a Cistercian monastery, castles and cathedrals, and ancient hill top forts. Dont forget Bridport has a thriving arts and antique centre, Lyme has a wonderful seaside theatre, and everywhere along our section of the coast is Jurassic which means fossils. Its also quite easy to get to Dartmoor for a day for something really different.
On site you can enjoy:
- Two heated, shower blocks with very spacious showers, family rooms (baby changing, baby bath, child seat and plenty of space for parents to cope with young children)
- Dedicated disabled facilities.
- Individual washbasin cubicles
- Laundry rooms
- Two dog walking areas which include one paddock where, if you are comfortable, you can let your pet off the lead.
- Dedicated dog wash.
- Easy to use and access motorhome disposal point
- On site food trucks various nights serving fish and chips, wood fired pizzas, burgers, coffee and wraps etc
- Fish and chips on Fridays and delicious Thai food mid week.
- Summer flowering orchid meadow. Over 1000 tulip bulbs have been planted.
- Electric bike hire - various detailed route suggestions maximising the wonderful West Country lanes and byways.
- Well stocked site shop with newspapers to order, wines and beers, ice creams, gifts, cards, childrens toys etc.
- Two childrens' outdoor play areas and room to kick a football.
Trip Advisor Reviews
Some things very good, but could do better. 04/08/2019
We stayed here in May. The toilet facilities were excellent, modern and clean. The pitch size was good, and we really appreciated the breakfast van providing coffee and bacon rolls! The off lead dog...
Fantastic family camping 03/08/2019
I have a teen who is not keen on camping because of the shower blocks. I booked this because of the "award winning" facilities. And we weren't disappointed. Spotlessly clean and high end shower block...
Excellent long weekend 03/08/2019
If Carlsberg did campsites this would be it!! A short but positive review. We stayed from a Thursday afternoon to Sunday lunchtime. Extremely friendly and helpful staff, amazing facilities, in-fact...