Monkton Wyld Holiday Park
Scotts Lane, Charmouth, Dorset, DT6 6DB
A site with large, spacious pitches, where every pitch backs up to a hedge or flower bed. Monkton Wyld is divided into several paddocks so you never feel ”part of the crowd”. Superb shower blocks. Only three miles to the coast. Free WiFi
125 pitches, plus summer camping field, in 26 acres on the Devon/Dorset border three miles from Lyme Regis and Charmouth. In the countryside yet within easy reach of many distinctive seaside villages, each quite different, and quiet inland villages and towns. So many tourist attractions which cater for all ages and interests are nearby, with a comprehensive tourist information section on site and knowledgeable staff. New for 2021 more play equipment and a dedicated children's nature corner.
There are 24 specially surfaced pitches which cater for both tents and caravans together with regular hardstanding and grass pitches all with 16 amp electricity. These former pitches are really appreciated by tents when the weather is less than it should be! There are also a few extra large jumbo pitches able to take even the largest RV. There are some grass only pitches not too far from the shower blocks and play areas. The summer camping field is flat with good access and is excellent for families requiring a more “back to basics” experience.
Beautifully maintained grounds, and the large pitches - every one backs up against a hedge or flower bed. Never feel “part of the crowd”.
Situated on the Dorset/Devon border. Within a very short distance you can take the children to a zoo, animal or a donkey sanctuary, on tram rides along the Axe estuary, down some caves, or into the sea on the safe, sandy beaches of Charmouth or Lyme Regis. They can enjoy local swimming pools, adventure play parks, fishing trips and, of course, the world famous swans at Abbotsbury. Mums and dads and everyone else can visit National Trust houses and gardens, Forde Abbey, a Cistercian monastery, castles and cathedrals, and ancient hill top forts. Dont forget Bridport has a thriving arts and antique centre, Lyme has a wonderful seaside theatre, and everywhere along our section of the coast is Jurassic which means fossils. Its also quite easy to get to Dartmoor for a day for something really different.
On site you can enjoy:
- Two heated, shower blocks with very spacious showers, family rooms (baby changing, baby bath, child seat and plenty of space for parents to cope with young children)
- Dedicated disabled facilities.
- Individual washbasin cubicles
- Dishwashing & laundry room with modern machines.
- Site wide high speed FREE wifi.
- Two dog walking areas which include one paddock where, if you are comfortable, you can let your pet off the lead.
- Dedicated dog wash.
- Easy to use and access motorhome disposal point
- On site food trucks various nights serving fish and chips, wood fired pizzas, burgers, coffee and wraps etc
- Summer flowering orchid meadow.
- Electric bike hire - various detailed route suggestions maximising the wonderful West Country lanes and byways.
- Dedicated walking routes from the park to Lyme Regis, Charmouth amongst 25 other suggestions to enjoy the many beautiful gems of West Dorset - just pop into reception.
- Well stocked site shop with newspapers to order, wines and beers, ice creams, gifts, cards, childrens toys etc.
- Two childrens' outdoor play areas and room to kick a football. New for 2021 new extensions added to the pyramid net plus sea-saw with a difference
- An gold standard park within the David Bellamy awards scheme for the natural environment.
Trip Advisor Reviews
Amazing site!!! 22/05/2022
Wow!! This place is the most well looked after campsite we've been to. Perfectly manicured gardens and the walk through the woods are lit up by hundreds of colourful lights once the sun goes down...
WEEKEND BREAK WITH OUR CARAVAN 22/05/2022
Fantastic Site. Friendly staff. Very clean facilities. Lovely grounds and dog walk area. Peaceful and quiet. Great shop with everything you could need. There is just one thing that I think...
Best site we've ever stayed at! 13/05/2022
The site is beautifully kept and extremely clean. Pitches are very large and off-set so you are not overlooked. Mature hedges split the pitch areas. The shower/toilet block is amazing. The staff are...