Waleswood Caravan & Camping Park
Delves Lane, Waleswood, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S26 5RN
Waleswood is an award-winning site, ideal for all ages who enjoy the outdoors, set within Rother Valley Country Park with views of Sheffield and over to the Peak District.
Set in 12.2 acres of the 750-acre Rother Valley Country Park, Waleswood is an ideal location for everyone, with excellent facilities; two heated shower/toilet blocks, licenced coffee shop, spacious pitches all with electric hook-up, super fully serviced hardstanding pitches, extra-large pitches for motorhomes and RVs and a tent field overlooking the park lakes.
Situated three miles from Junction 31 of the M1 Motorway, on the borders of South Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire it is conveniently placed for stopover visits or a long stay.
There are plenty of walking opportunities, a family friendly site which includes your furry friends. With outdoor activities on the doorstep, outdoor play area, outdoor table tennis and table football, indoor games room with Playstation 4, baby changing facilities, accessible changing/family bathrooms and showers.
It’s a place where you can sit back and relax or alternatively the outdoor activity enthusiast can enjoy water sports at the activity centre or Sheffield Cable Waterski. Fishing is available on the country park lakes, cyclists and mountain bikers can enjoy the mountain bike trails and routes link to the National Sustrans Cycle Route and Trans Pennine Trail. The park cycle hire centre has something for all ages and abilities.
A few minutes’ walk is the new Gullivers Valley Theme Park and Rother Valley Golf Centre. Other attractions include; Wentworth Woodhouse, Magna Science Centre, Clifton Park, Yorkshire Wildlife Park, Tropical Butterfly House, Bolsover Castle, Hardwick Hall and Creswell Crags. Ideally situated to visit The Peak District or alternatively Meadowhall Shopping Centre.
On site you can enjoy:
- All pitches with electric hook-up
- Hardstanding pitches
- Grass pitches
- Tent Field
- Super hardstanding pitches with own tap water and grey water drain
- Extra large pitches available
- Outdoor play area
- Outdoor table tennis
- Outdoor table football
- Licenced coffee shop/bar with large seating area inside and outside
- 2 heated and lit shower/toilet blocks (with male/female changing areas, baby changing facilities, family showers, bathroom, accessible family room with shower and bath, accessible showers and toilets, washing cubicles)
- Covered and lit pot washing and food preparation sinks
- Laundry with washers, driers, ironing board (you need your own iron)
- CCTV 24 hours/day staff on site, security on site
- Vehicle recognition barriers
- 2 Elsan Points
- 2 motorhome service points
- Ice box freezer facility
- Gas exchange/purchase
- Essentials shop
- Viewing point over the country park
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Railway station within 4 miles
- Golf, watersports and fishing within 1 mile
- Rally Field (no electric hook-up points)
Trip Advisor Reviews
1st Trip in New Motorhome 13/10/2020
We visited this site to try out our new motorhome. We are new to motorhoming and the staff who met us at the barrier were very helpful - evening coming to the pitch to help us with the electric hook...
Nice site except in covid 23/09/2020
Lovely facilities and huge pitches with free wifi and cafe. BUT there is a lot more that they could do to improve Covid security. There were barely any hand sanitizer on the site. Doors to showers...
Spacious, well maintained site 15/08/2020
Only our second trip of the year, and the first ever on a serviced pitch. Most pitches are super sized serviced pitched and reflected in what we consider a expensive tariff (£36 p/n). Access to the...